Saturday, June 11, 2011

Super 8- B


Super 8 is a movie that reminds us of movies we love such as E.T. (Directed by Spielberg). Super 8 (Directed by J.J Abrams and produced by Steven Spielberg) was a good movie but even though it reminds us of such movies, it doesn't live up to them. It delivers spectacular scenes of all kinds but it didn't impress me the most it could have throughout the movie.

Super 8 takes place in 1979. A group of kids witness a train crash while filming a movie near by with a Super 8 camera. After the crash, strange events and disappearances start to happen. When the group of youngsters learn more about the crash, they take action.

The cast of Super 8 delivers good performances. The group of youngsters have this sort of charm. They are irresistibly funny and at times emotional and I'm very appreciative that kids from this generation can make a movie where they don't have to take off their shirts every two seconds.


This wasn't a bad movie but it didn't impress me the most that it could have. The beginning drew me in, the middle somewhat lost my attention and towards the end it finally impressed me, but only for a little bit. There were times where I was in love with the movie but times where I was expecting more. Let me just say, Super 8 didn't exactly live up the the hype, but I am truly appreciative for this movie. B

No comments:

Post a Comment